Milton at 100!
Since its founding in 1949, the band program at Milton High School has been an integral part of the school and community and has a decades-long history of excellence.
About Our Program
Located thirty miles north of Atlanta,, the original Milton High School sat just a block from Main Street in historic downtown Alpharetta. Originally constructed in 1921 serving all of what was then Milton County, today’s Milton High School bears little resemblance to the original one room building. The school remained known as Milton County High School until the merger of Milton County and Fulton County in 1932. Much of the curriculum was then based around the area’s primary source of income, which was farming. The tremendous amount of growth in the area during the last decades of the twentieth century saw Milton High School transform into a world-class comprehensive high school, with the school earning distinctions as a Georgia High School of Excellence, a U.S. News and World Report Outstanding top High School in the Nation, and being awarded as a national “Blue Ribbon School” by the United States Department of Education. In 2005, Milton High School moved to its new campus in the newly incorporated city of Milton, just outside of its original home in Alpharetta. The school currently has an enrollment of around 2,400 students with highly successful academic, fine arts and athletic programs.
Founded in 1871, the Fulton County School System is one of the oldest and is currently the fourth largest school district in Georgia. Approximately 97,000 students attend classes in 58 elementary schools, 19 middle schools, and 17 high schools which employ more than 6,800 teachers, and over 4,000 other support staff